Monday, January 9, 2012
Is Tim Tebow really Jesus wearing #15
• Officially, Tebow passed for 316 yards against the Steelers, completing 10 of 21 pass attempts -- meaning he passed for 31.6 yards per completion- John Elway was a legendary Bronco QB. Take Elway’s first name and Tebow average John 3:16 anyone-
• Tebow has been trashed by the media- Jesus was trashed by the Pharisees.
• Tebow is very poplar in the eyes of some who like and adore him but despised by those who didn’t. Jesus drew huge crowds who wanted to be near him but entrapped by those who didn’t like him.
• Tebow prays a lot - even while on the grassy field- Jesus prayed a lot in a garden full of green grass.
• After a miracle play, Tebow gave God all the glory. Jesus said after each miracle, "Your faith has made you well” giving God the glory.
• People doubt Tebow’s ability to be a “true” quarterback. People doubted Jesus was the “true” Messiah.
• Tebow surrounds himself with 12 other men to assist him- 10 other players + 1 head Coach + 1 Offensive Coordinator = 12) Jesus had 12 apostles to assist him.
• Tebow has five letters, Jesus has five letters.
• Tebow plays in Mile High stadium, Jesus’ sermon on the mountain top.
• Tebow bounces off defenders, Jesus bounced the money changers out of the temple.
• Tebow rose to the occasion at the most crucial time after a three game skid. Jesus rose from the grave after three days at a crucial time for all humanity.
Of course, I truly don’t believe that Tebow really is the Messiah wearing #15 for the Broncos but in the end aren’t we all God’s children, shouldn’t we all not be ashamed to express our faith, and when criticized for our performance shouldn’t we too stand firm in our convictions and faith. Besides if Jesus came back as a QB, wouldn’t he resurrect a horrible team with a more meaningfull mascot, (like the Rams as mentioned in the Old Testament) and he would definitely be a better drop back passer with a cannon arm.